COMING SOON - FALL 2017
You may have noticed our Marvelous Me! display in the classroom. It has displayed information about some of Mrs. Shaw's, Mrs. Mitchell's, Mrs. Beaubien's and Mrs. Mroz's favorites. In November this display will change weekly so that each child will have an opportunity to tell us more about themselves. The display may include written words (by your child, by a parent or written together - parent & child), photographs, drawings, images printed from the internet and or pictures cut out from magazines.
Here is a list of categories covered in our Marvelous Me display as well as suggestions of what to bring in:
* My Name - your child may write his/her name with or without help on any piece of paper or cut out letters to spell his/her name
* My Birthday - you may write the date out, use clip art, cut out letters and numbers to make month and date, etc.
* My Family - draw a picture, write a list of names, bring a photograph(s), etc.
* My Favorite Food - draw a picture, write the name of the food, print an internet image, cut a picture from a magazine, bring all/part of the original package, etc.
* Things I Like to Do - draw pictures, bring photographs, print internet images, cut pictures from magazines, write/type a list, etc.
*Someday I Want To - draw a picture, print internet image, have your child dictate a brief story/description of something he/she wants to do , etc.
* My Pet - ( if you have a pet - if not, you can leave this one blank or tell about a pet your child would like to have) draw a picture, bring a photo, internet image etc.
* Where I was Born - write/type city or name of hospital/ bring a picture of your child as a baby
* I'm Excited About - draw pictures, bring photographs, print internet images, cut pictures from magazines, write/type a list
* Favorite Book – write the title of the book, print a picture of the book cover.
Please help your child get the items ready to bring in on the date noted.
A reminder will be sent the week before to help you and your child prepare for their week. Each child will have an opportunity during the week to tell about the items posted for their display. All items brought in will be returned at the end of their week or the beginning of the next week. Be creative and have fun together as you prepare for their Marvelous Me! Week.
If the week chosen for your child is a week your child will be on vacation please let me know and we can make a switch.
The children and teachers really look forward each week to hearing about a friend from our class. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask and be sure to check out the Marvelous Me! display each week.